Wednesday 30 June 2010

Mama Carlo

A message from Carol Doyle in Tanzania:

Dear Robert
Thank you so much for your email.  I do not know where the days have gone there is so much to do.... The children (mostly)have no English so my Kiswahili has got to improve!  The place is quite away out of town with no decent transport but as long as I can get food there isn't much else I need.  I do miss my worship with you at Cheddington and St Giles.  We go to Church every Sunday but the service is in Swahili and it is pretty meaningless to me and my co worker Beth who has been here for two years says she cannot follow it.  I am trying to follow by myself the Common Prayer Book you lent me but I do miss the Communion service order of service and the Creed and there is no communal worship with the other families which I find odd.  However Tumaini is in a wonderful spot with a view of the Lake and Hills (We are on the edge of the Lake but not on the shore).
It is very hot and we are in the dry season Lizards are running everywhere and dragons flies rise up out of the grasses as I walk by.  There are two Fish Eagles near our kitchen window who have a nest in a nearby tree.. We watch them flying by with Fishes in their bills (Great).  The internet connection is TERRIBLE and keeps dropping the connection so I have to think and type fast Thus the many typo errors.!
Much Love to you Vicky and all at St Giles
Carol  aka Mama Carlo x

No comments: