Thursday 17 July 2008

Sermons

My Yoke is Easy - 17 July Cheddington

Come unto me and rest

encouraging words of Christ, especially in times of trouble

Learn from me

I am gentle, meek and humble in heart

You will find rest for your soul

My yoke is easy – my burden is light

How come? It hardly seems Christ’s burden will be light. Far from it.

Does not refer to physical existence but to the Way of faith

Being accepted? Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved

Worried? Take no thought for your life – what you will eat or drink or wear. If God looks after the plants birds he will look after you. Luke 12

Rules? Do to others as you would have them do to you.

Guilt? We must forgive others as God forgives us. Parable of unforgiving servant – Matthew 18

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

Matthew 11: 28 - 30

No comments: